Yora from Great Britain debuts in Thailand, becoming the first brand to offer complete-and-balanced insect-based dog food in the Thai market with cat food soon to be on its way in early 2022.
Yora’s local representative and official distributor, Pawducts Company Limited, is led by four young entrepreneurs: Jessy Dangboonrueng, Maria Poonlertlarp, Suwachira Vijitpornkul, and Narit Vittayavarakorn. Through Yora, the group hopes to offer healthier and more sustainable options to pets and their eco-conscious owners.
The insects in Yora are from the larvae of black soldier flies (Hermetia illucens) that are reared by Protix, a world-renowned insect farm in the Netherlands. The insects upcycle clean vegetable matter that would otherwise go uneaten and help reduce food waste. They naturally grow at a rapid rate with no growth hormones or antibiotics while requiring only a fraction of the water, land, and energy of traditional meat farming.
“In a world where we increasingly want what is best for our pets while also wanting what is best for our environment, Yora allows us to not have to sacrifice one choice for the other,” said Jessy Dangboonrueng, the co-founder of Pawducts. Feeding the average dog Yora can help reduce up to 8.8 tons of carbon dioxide emissions in its lifetime. That’s equivalent to driving 21,880 miles in a gas-powered car or taking 40 flights from London to Rome! Even Yora’s bags are recyclable and printed with soy-based ink.
Besides the environmental benefits, formulating pet food with insects offers great health benefits. Insects provide a relatively high 40% of the protein that is in Yora and is also easier to digest, making Yora great for pets with sensitive stomachs. Jessy adds, “There are many dogs in Thailand that have allergies and intolerances to traditional protein from chicken or beef. Switching to insect protein can help reduce many of the health problems and symptoms that come from those protein allergies. Yora offers a great alternative protein source that is high quality, healthy, and ethical”.
After years of meticulous research and development, Yora now offers five unique hypoallergenic dog food formulas that suit the needs of all different types of dogs. Combining insects with natural botanicals and premium ingredients like seaweed, Yora packs a ton of taste and nutrition.
- Yora All Breeds: a well-rounded, truly balanced hypoallergenic diet for adult dogs and breeds
- Yora Puppy: for dogs from weaning to 12 months with high Omega 3 from DHA algae for healthy brain and body development
- Yora Small Breeds: for smaller breed dogs with oats and potatoes as slow-release carbohydrates to sustain energy throughout the day. Smaller kibble size for an easier chew.
- Yora Large Breeds: for larger dogs with added 3000mg/kg Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM to protect bone and delicate joints. Larger kibble size for bigger bites.
- Yora Light/Senior: for less active or older dogs with 18% less fat to maintain a healthy weight. Contains added lycopene to maintain cognitive health, plus chicory pulp to promote healthy gut flora and 300mg/kg Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM to protect joints.
Yora also offers two different dog treat products:
- Yora Rewards: Planet-friendly insect protein gently baked with oats, carrot, and apple to create lovely and delicious little biscuits of joy.
- Yora Dreamers: Delicious hand-baked biscuit treats have relaxing valerian root, lemon balm, and chamomile to help dogs relax at bedtime or calm them if nervous.
Find Yora on shelves at pet retailers throughout Thailand: Pet N’ Me, Pet Safari, Pet Lovers Centre, Pet Club, Pet Kingdom, Moggie Doggie, Cool Pets, and more to come!
Order Yora online at:
LINE OA: @yora