Chef Martin Blunos is from England and is said to love the friendly camaraderie of a tavern and some beers with friends.
There is a similar sense of casual, in a stylistic cocoon, in his first establishment in Bangkok, Thailand.
The efficiently named Blunos Restaurant is renowned for their lobster roll. Succulent bread with delish lobster as its crowning jewel. This must-order dish is Insta-ready. Upon arrival, we were ready to begin too. But first, some drinks as Chef Blunos suggested with friendly gusto.
The restaurant launched a new menu that is suited for sharing, packs a punch and is wallet friendly.
Located on the 14th floor of Eastin Grand Sathorn Hotel, connected directly to BTS Surasak, Blunos welcomes you daily. Chillax in their pod-like sofas dotting the pool and down your first beer. Or two…
Before making your way into the restaurant, just as the sun makes a final bow.
We had a feast and left happy and content with life. Harmonious and evergreen, and nodded in agreement with Chef Blunos: this is real food for real people. Dishes that we will continue to pay homage to:
- The Caesar Salad, deploys Thai rice for the added crunch. So innovative and a meal in itself…
- The spaghetti with wagyu beef unleashes flavors you remember, and also those you had forgotten. The beef part needs no explaining. Only smiles :))
- The shepherd pie is quintessentially English. This and the lobster roll are dreamy goals. We feel like going back right now for them. Early afternoon comfort food.
- Roasted duck on pizza, now that’s something. Where duck meets dough, a grand fusion and a roaring culinary success!
- Milkberry Puff. To us, the best we have ever tasted in Asia over the last half decade. Is a winning recipe from Chef Blunos for Iron Chef Thailand. We felt this sweet finish itself is a story on its own.
Ohh, Chef also has Michelin stars locked and achieved, that goes without saying. We salute his journey. Beyond the stars, his real food and great approach in life are reasons we will come back.
Who’s coming with us?